Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

So last night I decided to cook something that was a little outside my comfort zone. It was outside my cooking comfort zone not my that-looks-yummy comfort level.


I adapted the recipe I found at allrecipes.com . The recipe is this one specifically, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach-Stuffed-Chicken-Breasts/Detail.aspx.

I made a few changes. I had no bacon so I skipped that part. I also used shredded mozzarella cheese instead of feta cheese. I also added in some grated Parmesan cheese. I also covered the tops and bottoms of the chicken breasts with a mix of bread crumbs, garlic, black pepper, basil, oregano and white pepper. I also drizzled the bottom of the pan with olive oil and also drizzled the tops of the breaded breasts with it as well. The leftover mixture I had I just placed on the tops of the breasts. I also only used three breasts. And I did not measure out the ingredients so it was all just eyeballed.

The chicken breasts after they had been cut. I cut through them being careful to not cut all  the way through so there would be a pocket to stuff.






This is the spinach, mozzarella cheese and mayo mixture before it got stuffed into the chicken breasts.




Here are the chicken breasts after they had been dredged into the breadcrumb/seasoning mixture, stuffed and laid in the pan.




Here is the chicken breasts topped with the spinach and cheese mixture. Yes that is olive oil from 7-11. We had just moved in and needed some and there is no grocery store near our apartment.




That is the finished product. Yes, I know there should be three breasts there but I got ahead of myself in my excitement to try this new dish.


The verdict seemed to be it was very yummy!! This is something that I never would have thought of attempting to make just a few months ago.

Yes I know the pictures need some improvement. There is very little natural light in my apartment and the rainy weather yesterday did not help the situation at all.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I will have to try that one out for sure!
    I love the feeling of accomplishment that I get from running too. It's amazing how it translates into the rest of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about my email address... it's stephanieframe1{at}gmail.com

    ReplyDelete