Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Catch-Up!

Hello!!


So there are some things to fill in from the past few days. Yesterday I went to yoga in Bryant Park hosted by lululemon. I went last week on Thursday and fell in love.

I did not know what to expect since it was a different instructor. I did not know how closely matched the routines were going to be or if it would be entirely different. This class had some familiarities but also featured quite a few differences. The class was taught by Derek Beres. He is the founder of Earth Rise yoga and also Earth Rise Sound System. We had music playing as a backdrop for the class and it was an interesting contrast to sounds of the city around us. Another difference was that this class was not taught on the lawn but the patio next to the library.

This is what I saw when I looked directly up during yoga! Can not beat it!

This class was a much more vigorous class than the other day. It also featured some different poses. I do not remember trying a backbend or crow pose during the class on Thursday but they made appearances during the class yesterday. I am not claiming to have been able to do either one of them but they were there. And I did make an attempt so I am happy knowing that at least I tried!

Afterwards, I hung out and took some pictures while reading my book in the park. Such a beautiful day!

Yes, I was hiding in the shade. I am of the very fair complexion type. I got burned on Sunday even though I hid under the umbrella the whole time at the Memorial Day BBQ!!
Once I got home, I rested for a while and then decided to walk to the boyfriend's job and meet him when he got off work. I made it about halfway (20 minutes) before I ran into him walking home. We walked home the rest of the way together. It was a lovely way to spend the evening.

Then it was time for me to spend time stretching out and getting in quality time with my foam roller. It felt so amazing to stretch out and roll out my muscles.

Today I had planned on doing some strength work. However, I am very sore and I have yoga tomorrow too. I am taking a rest day. I started my day off with a breakfast smoothie. I have been reading about the delicious smoothies that Julie makes over at Peanut Butter Fingers and have started to make them myself! So good to start my day off on the right foot.

I took the picture outside on the concrete steps into my apartment. I hope I can do this for the rest of the summer without anyone catching me and thinking I am crazy!!

I put into the smoothie the following:
  • half a scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • a handful of fresh spinach 
  • a handful of frozen fruit from a pack of mixed berry frozen fruit
  • four or five chocolate chips
  • half of a smoothie mix in strawberry bananna flavor
  • skim milk 
It was delicious! I love eating these with a spoon and filling up my nice tall glass with the cold concoction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment