Saturday, May 21, 2011

Exercise in the Park!!

First off, I want to apologize for the lack of photos in this post. The boyfriend rushed me off before I could find the camera and add it to the backpack of fun.


The boyfriend decided that today would be a wonderful day to walk to the large park that we live close to. It is approximately 15 minutes walk away. It was a GORGEOUS day today. I felt so alive walking to the park after the nonstop rain lately. The boyfriend went running around the track there. I am still getting back into my exercise routine again so I went for a more conservative approach. I packed my foam roller and yoga mat with me. I ended up doing a whole lot more than I thought I would though! I did some foam rolling for my leg. I did a lot of stretching for my whole body. I did girly push-ups leaning against a fence that went around the track area. I did jumping jacks, lunges, crunches and repeated the whole process a few times! I did not write down the exact order of things or the repititions that I completed but it felt amazing to be outside and moving! 

 I completly enjoyed the exercising under the sun! It allowed me to get some sunshine and spend time on me.

The best part was the treat the boyfriend and I made afterwards. We both wanted ice cream (especially since there was an ice cream truck parked outside the track- that is just WRONG!). We decided to make smoothies. We had the instant smoothie pack so that went into the blender. We also added Splenda, frozen pineapples, frozen mixed berry medley, ice, lactaid (he is lactose intolerant) and some oats!

It was delicious! But our blender was not happy about it. It was extra-thick so I ate it with a spoon! It was almost just like ice cream! Plus we had decided to make them a little hefty since we are going out tonight and I do not want anything heavy at dinner before we head out later.

I promise there will be a repeat of exercise in the park shortly and I will make sure to pack the camera and shoot away to share with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment